Monday, October 1, 2018

Goldy Goldthorpe


Some of you saw this news via my email blast. I'm spreading the word on social media now but after nearly 14 months since he appeared on my radio show I'm very pleased to announce that I have signed a contract to write my fourth book on the life of Goldie Goldthorpe, the real Ogie Oglethorpe, with the publishing house who did my first book 24yrs ago, Burnstown Publishing and my friend, Tim Gordon.
We're mulling over a couple of working titles but suffice to say it's my belief this man's life story has potential to be the most inflammatory, controversial, explosive and tragic tale mixed with humour, euphoria, a sense of brotherhood and good times. All of it with an undercurrent of extreme fistic violence on and off the ice that led to arrests, incarcerations and hospital stays when he was stabbed and later shot.
No athlete in the history of sports has led a life like his. Many have lived through portions of it, none are comparable including being driven from jail to his ice times and then back to jail again. After a post-game hot meal of course.
Goldie Goldthorpe will join me in Ottawa next April at the start of the 2019 playoffs for the release of this book. Included in his appearances will be our official launch at Liam Maguire's on St. Laurent Blvd. I cannot wait for all of you to meet him. I cannot wait to write this book. Goldie is the real deal, he was regarded as the world's most violent athlete, he has the most unique story in sports, and I'm going to write it!! Stay tuned!!